- Use the search feature before posting.
- Post in appropriate sections.
- No illegal content(warez, cracks, keygens)
- No commercial advertising.
- No foul language. This includes acronyms, “creative" editing with characters to replace some letters, or any other attempt to abuse this rule. (More details below).
- No direct links to malware.
- No pornographic material. (This includes pictures, links, etc.)
- Stay on topic with what is being discussed.
- Start your own topic if you need help.
- Proof-read your post before submitting. Use the preview post option.
- Use grammar that can be read and understood by English-speaking members.
- Quoting is allowed but the quote must not be longer then 5 lines.
Try not to quote paragraphs or long posts because they will be edited.
- Keep personal comments to a PM. (The same rules for the forum apply to Personal Messages)
- There is no "best anti virus" nor is there a "best anti spyware". Please refrain from asking a questions like this. Instead watch Matt's reviews and read AV Comparatives and decide for yourself. Also there is no "best firewall".
http://remove-malware.com/announcements ... d-answers/
By creating and maintaining an account here at remove-malware.com, you agree to abide by the following rules. Anyone who chooses to disregard these rules will face consequences such as, but not limited to:
* Post Deletion
* Temporary banning
This is a new measure that the moderators of this forum can take against a member who is breaking the rules constantly.
Temporary Banning is a measure that may be taken after a careful analysis of the infraction(s)of that member by the moderating staff.
As you might know several deviations from the forum rules are punished with a "Warning". This new measure will apply a temporary ban from the 2nd Warning that the member has received.
To apply a "Warning" to a member all moderators must agree to this measure.
The period of the ban depends on the number of " Warnings" :
2 Warnings - 14 days ban
3 Warnings - 30 days ban
Please note that Temporary Banning will prohibit only the user name of that member, so that member will still have the opportunity to visit this forum.
* Forum banning
* Account deletion
In extreme cases, the user's Internet Service Provider may be notified, and action will be taken in accordance with the ISPs Abuse policy.
The rules apply to posts, threads, private messages, personal text, signatures, avatars and so on.
- Thread titles should be related to the post itself - i.e, a thread title saying "HELP ME" doesn't exactly help anyone, and if you do create a thread like this it will most likely be edited by a moderator.
- Do not make multiple consecutive posts - there is an edit function, and it is there if you want to add additional points or comments to your post.
- Don't SHOUT. Excessive capitalization is not polite, and action may be taken by a moderator.
- Be careful what you post. Never post anything you wouldn't want the whole world to know - this forum is public, and all 3 billion+ internet users could read it. Not all those people are the kind you would want to meet. You should avoid posting last names, addresses, phone numbers, postal codes and so on.
- Respect all other forum members. This rule covers a broad range, anything implying what could possibly be considered insulting in any way, implied, stated, or even slightly eluded to will be considered a violation and will be handled with a zero-tolerance policy, there will not be any “wiggle room” so this rule should be considered one of the most important.
In respecting other members also respect the staff of rM and PM one of them when you feel something needs review or deletion, do not take it upon yourself to moderate another member publicly or via PM, as a member your only obligation is to report such matters and not advise any other member in any way.
Foul Language (Swearing):
Foul language, particularly the "f" and "c" words will not be tolerated. Doing so will attract a zero tolerance response from moderators, and the user in question will have their account banned for a period of time at the discretion of the forum moderators. Swearing in another language is also not tolerated, and will be modded. Do not try and avoid moderation by replacing letters, i.e with a *. Doing so will still result in your post being moderated.
Please refrain yourself in addressing other members of this community with various appellations, which may be seen as an offend
Examples : fanboy , linux lover ,spammer ,troller and so on. Even if you do not call any one person a name, any generalized and/or potentially offensive implied comments will be considered the same type of violation and handled by the moderators as such.
Such posts will be subject to editing by the moderators.
Trolling, for the purpose of this argument is a post where the only aim of it is to incite controversy and provoke a flame war. On this forum, trolling will be tolerated to a degree, however pointless posts like "I hate x" will be moderated.
Inappropriate is defined as anything you wouldn't normally talk to your grandma about over dinnertime, such as:
* Sex and Sexual acts
* Violence, Cruelty, etc
Posting of this will result in a zero tolerance response from moderators. This rule includes images, attachments, links to web-sites, etc.
Quoting and referencing external sources:
All content posted on the forum from an external site must be referenced properly, including a link back to the original article, the article title, date it was written and who wrote it. Failure to do so may result in post deletion, at the discretion of moderators. Failure to reference your sources is plagiarism, and this will not be tolerated. Please also refrain from posting a whole article - just quote a small paragraph, and refer a link to the article. Posting more than 10% of a text is also breaching Australian Copyright law.
Advertising, be it for a company you work for, or a product of your own is not permitted.
Illegal content that breaks any laws of the United States of America is not permitted.
Cross-posting (posting the same thing in multiple forums) is not permitted, such posts will be deleted.
Moderators and Administrators Have the Final Word:
If you have a problem or a complaint, direct it to the administrators and/or moderators, not to the boards.The appropriate actions will be taken. We reserve the right to ban flagrant offenders when deemed necessary, with or without prior warning.