Last night I uploaded my review of the bootable anti-virus solution from Microsoft called Microsoft System Sweeper. This is basically Microsoft’s answer to removing hard to delete malware (like Rootkits). System Sweeper is being used by Microsoft support to drastically shorten support calls/cases involving hard to remove malware.
Here are a few important facts about Microsoft System Sweeper:
- System Sweeper comes in 2 “flavors”. One for 32-bit versions of Windows and one for 64-bit Versions of Windows.
- It requires an internet connection. I prefer using a wired connection.
- You can update the definitions from within the bootable environment, so there is no need to recreate the USB or CD everyday.
- It does require a blank CD or DVD or you can use a flash drive (if your computer support booting from a flash drive).
- I suggest doing a custom scan and then selecting C: (or whatever drive contains your OS)
I used Microsoft System Sweeper against a pc so infected it wouldn’t even login, here are the results.