Anti-Malware Removal: On-Demand – You need to run these manually to detect and remove malware
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware – Download Malwarebytes® Protect, Detect & Remove Malware From Your PC
- Hitman Pro - Hitman Pro is an AWESOME on-demand malware removal tool that can run along side your current antivirus without any conflicts. HMP comes with a FREE 30 day fully functional trial, scans your PC in about 5-10 minutes, detects and removes a wide range of malware and is only $19.95 if you’d like to purchase it.
HMP is currently one of my favorite tools due to the fact that you can hold down the left ctrl button and terminate those fake antivirus apps from running in real-time and then perform a scan/removal.
- SuperAntiSpyware – Free version.
- ComboFix – Amazing little app for removal. Can detect lot’s of malware (including rootkits) and remove them. OS corruption can happen, although it’s pretty rare and usually nothing that a system restore can’t resolve.
- TDSS Killer - removes TDSS rootkits and attempts to restore uninfected drivers. It’s not perfect. Sometimes it’ll remove the rootkit and it’s not possible to restore the un-infected driver. In that case you’ll want to use something like an UBCD4win to replace the deleted driver.
- GMER Anti-Rootkit – It’s another rootkit scanner that I run as a second opinion after TDSS killer.
- Rkill – Terminates malware processes (most rogue/fake applications) so that you can manually delete the malware or run an on-demand scanner.
Anti-Malware Prevention and Removal: Real-Time – These are allows updating, scanning and protecting your computer without you lifting a finger. Some are free and some are not.
- Malwarebytes Pro – all the power of the Malwarebytes free scanner with always on protection. One of the best ways to spend $24.95.
- Comodo Internet Security
Anti-Malware Boot Disks - Malware is completely unprotected and at your mercy
- Dr Web’s CureIT Live CD – Great for detection and disinfection
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk – Great for detection and disinfection
- UBCD4WIN – Fully customizable bootable environment. You can load and scan with as many anti-malware applications as you want to.
- Sardu Boot Disk – I haven’t used this yet, but I assume it’s another type of UBCD4WIN